From Rangjung Yeshe Wiki - Dharma Dictionnary
- "Barawa Gyaltshen Palzang ('ba' ra ba rgyal mtshan dpal bzang) [1255—1343] was a great scholar of the upper Drukpa Kagyu succession of Yangonpa. He established the Barawa Kagyu sub-school which for a time was widespread in Tibet, and survived as an independent lineage until 1959. For a time this lineage was also important in Bhutan."
- "In the 14th century, the Barawa sub-school was established at Drangyekha in Paro by Barawa Gyeltsen Pelzang."
- Smith, "Golden Rosaries of the Bka' brgyud Schools" p.45.
- Drikung Kagyu | WikiPedia.org
- p. 868 ff. Chapter 13, "Bhutan" | "Tibet Handbook" by Gyurme Dorje; Edition 2 (1999)