Seven Point Mind Training
Seven Point Mind Training - (blo sbyong don bdun ma)
- The Seven Point Mind Training by Atisha / Geshe Chekawa, patriarchs of the Kadampa tradition.
- The Seven Point Mind Training of the Vima Nyingthig, which comprises the first stage of preliminary trainings in this tradition.
According to tradition, the linage of this teaching is: Lord Buddha who passed it on to Maitreya, then to the brothers of Asanga and Vasubandhu, and eventually down to Serlingpa, Lord Atisha, Dromtonpa, Potowa, Sharawa and then finally to Chekawa Yeshe Dorje.
The Seven Points
The actual seven points are:
- The Practice of the Preliminaries
- The Main Practice: the Cultivation of Bodhichitta
- Transforming Adverse Circumstances and Situations into the Path of Awakening
- Maintaining the Practice for the Duration of our Lives
- How to Measure the success of Lo Jong
- The Precepts of Lo Jong
- Guidelines for Lo Jong
Originals and Translations
Books and Commentaries
- Enlightened Courage by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Snow Lion, ISBN 1-55939-023-9.
- Audio Commentary by Ven. Geshe Ngawang Dakpa
- Audio Commentary by Ven. Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche
- Video Commentary by Ven. Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen
- Online Text Commentary by Alexander Berzin
- Online Text Commentary by Ven. Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
- Online Text Commentary by Zasep Tulku Rinpoche