From Rangjung Yeshe Wiki - Dharma Dictionnary
- Martin, Dan, Tibetan Histories: A Bibliography of Tibetan-Language Historical Works (London:Serindia Publications, 1997). An essential guide to historical literature available up to 1996. See the introduction for more sources on Tibetan historiography.
- Sorensen, Per K., Tibetan Buddhist Historiography: The Mirror Illuminating the Royal Genealogies, An Annotated Translation of the XIVth Century Tibetan Chronicle: rgyal rabs gsal-ba'i me-long, (Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz Verlag, 1994). One of the most detailed treatments of a Tibetan historical work.
- Vostrikov, A., Tibetan Historical Literature, (Surrey: Curzon, 1994). A dated classic. The first study of Tibetan historical literature written in a Western language (Russian).
- Yamaguchi, Zuiho, Catalogue of the Toyo Bunko Collection of Tibetan Works on History, (Tokyo: The Toyo Bunko, 1970). A fairly comprehensive list of important, and often rare, historical works. It contains numerous tables of contents, which are frequently referenced in Martin (1997).
- Shastri, Jampa Samten, Catalogue of the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives (Manuscript Section), Volume 1: Historical Works, (Dharamsala: Library of Tibetan Works and Archives, 1983). The first of a multi-volume series. These works too contain numerous tables of contents and are important reference works for Martin (1997).
- Shastri, Lobsang, Catalogue of the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives (Manuscript Section), Volume 2: Historical Works, (Dharamsala: Library of Tibetan Works and Archives, 1990).