Eight Sacred Places
From Rangjung Yeshe Wiki - Dharma Dictionnary
(Redirected from eight sacred places)
Eight Sacred Places in Tibet and Bhutan blessed by Guru Padmasambhava for the practice of the Eight Herukas.
These eight places are:
- Drak Yangdzong (sgrags yang rdzong), the place related to the Heruka of the Body Family, Jampel Shinje, where Nup Sangye Yeshe achieved realization
- Samye Chimphu (bsam yas mchims phu), the place related to the Heruka of the Lotus, Speech Family, Tamdrin, where Gyalwa Choyang attainedrealization;
- Lodrak Karchu (lho brag mkhar chu), the place related to the Heruka of the Mind Family, Yandak, where Gelong Namkhai Nyingpo revealed realization;
- Yarlung Shardrak (yar lung shel brag), the place related to the Heruka of the Enlightened Qualities Family, Dudtsi Yonten, where Karchen Yeshe Shonnu attained realization
- Monkha Senge Dzong ( mon kha seng ge rdzong), the place related to the Heruka of the Activities Family, Dorje Phurba, where Khandro Yeshe Tsogyal attained realization;
- Yarto Shambo Khyangkyi Rawa (yar stod sham po gangs kyi ra ba), the place related to the Mamo Botong, where Drokmi Palkyi Yeshe attained realization;
- Paro Taktsang (spa gro stag tshang bsam grub ke'u tshang), the place related to Jigten Choto, where Langchen Palgyi Senge attained realization;
- Samye Yamalung (bsam yas g.ya' ma lung) or Drakmar Yamalung (brag dmar g.ya' ma lung) the place related to the Mopa Trak ngak, where the Great Translator, Vairocana revealed realization.