ten favorable conditions
Among the ten favorable conditions, there are five conditions that depend on ourselves (rang 'byor lnga):
1. To be born as a human being,
2. in a place where the dharma flourishes,
3. with complete sense faculties,
4. without the karma of living in a way totally opposite to the dharma,
5. and having faith in what deserves it. [MR]
And five that depend upon others (gzhan 'byor lnga):
1. A buddha should have appeared in the world, 2. and have taught the dharma...
3. The dharma should have remained until our days.
4. We should have entered the dharma...
5. and have been accepted by a spiritual teacher. [MR]