Difference between revisions of "Editing Instructions"
From Rangjung Yeshe Wiki - Dharma Dictionnary
(More simple instructions about page editing)
(revert, as previous edit lost much data.)
|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 04:14, 14 April 2007
- As this online dictionary of current usage comes up-and-running, there will be plenty of opportunity to add and edit. You're welcome to begin with your personal teacher[s], which you can find here: Tibetan Buddhist Teachers add a name if it is missing.
- or begin with some of the pages listed on Wanted Pages. For the time being, we focus on the English-based entries, so don't touch the Wylie entries, yet.
- When a section is unsigned you are free to edit it, with respect for the previous contents. If it has a signature, the leave it as it is. You can enter text under another section. Just use === Section name===
- Use the Sandbox page for any kinds of experiments with testing out the Mediawiki syntax.
- It is helpful if you add a summary to the changes (see Summary field above the Save Page button) so others know what changed.
- Use preview to make sure that things look Ok before saving the page.
Please read the:
- DharmaDictionary Conventions for spelling of pronounciation, Wylie, Sanskrit, etc.
- User's Guide for usage and configuration help and the
- documentation on customizing the interface for the more complex stuff.
- Standard & Extended Wylie diagrams Sambhota, 10 pages of diagrams by Gerry Wiener on how to type all the Tibetan and Sanskrit words on a normal keyboard.
- Guidelines & tips for making categories, being written ...
Templates & Instructions
- Instructions on Creating A New Page
- Instructions for Adding A Page To A Category
- For Translators & Groups section:
- For Buddhist Masters sections:
- For the Literature section:
- Sample dictionary entry for the Rangjung Yeshe Dictionary on DharmaDictionary.net
- Sample teacher pages - Longchenpa, Chatral Rinpoche, Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
- Sample literature page - Writings of Longchenpa
- Sample translator page - Gyurme Dorje
- Sample translation committee page - Nalanda Translation Committee