sample of Tibetan Teacher info
Cortland J. Dahl graduated from Naropa University in 2000 with an MA degree in Buddhist Studies and Tibetan language. Since that time, he has worked as an instructor at Kathmandu University's Center for Buddhist Studies, located in Kathmandu, as well as an interpreter for various lamas, including Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche and Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche. He currently works as the director of both the Rimé Foundation and Tergar International, and is involved in various translation projects (see below).
- Middle Beyond Extremes: Maitreya's Madhyantavibhanga With Commentaries by Khenpo Shenga and Ju Mipham. Maitreya, Ju Mipham, Khenpo Shenga. (With the Dharmachakra Translation Committee). Snow Lion, January 2007.
- Deity, Mantra and Wisdom: Development Stage Meditation in Tibetan Buddhist Tantra. Jigme Lingpa, Patrul Rinpoche, & Getse Mahapandita. Translated with Andreas Doctor (Dharmachakra Translation Committee). Snow Lion, April 2007.
- Great Perfection: Outer and Inner Preliminaries. By Ngetön Tenzin Zangpo (the 3rd Dzogchen Rinpoche). Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2007 (Forthcoming).
- Great Perfection: Separation and Breakthrough. By Ngetön Tenzin Zangpo (the 3rd Dzogchen Rinpoche). Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2007.
- Luminous Essence: A Guide to the Guhyagarbha Tantra. By Ju Mipham. (With the Dharmachakra Translation Committee). Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2009.
- Entrance to the Great Perfection: A Guide to the Dzogchen Preliminaries. By Jigme Lingpa, Jigme Trinle Ozer, Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo, and Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse. Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2009.
- Dzogchen Mind Training. By Garap Dorje, Longchenpa, and Jigme Lingpa. Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, forthcoming.
Published Works (Internet Publications)
- Jigme Lingpa. Prayer of the Ground, Path & Fruition. lotsawahouse.org, 2006; translation of zhi lam 'bras bu'i smon lam.
- Yonten Gyatso. An Explanation of the Prayer of the Ground, Path & Fruition. lotsawahouse.org, 2006.
- Ju Mipham, et al. The Amrita of Love: A Liturgy for Saving and Ransoming the Lives of Animals. lotsawahouse.org, 2006.
- Ngondro and Sadhana Practices
- spros med rgyun gyi nyams len ku su li'i bdud rtsi; short ngondro by Jamgon Kongtrul; translated as Nectar of the Simple Yogi: An Unelaborate Daily Practice
- sngon 'gro'i ngag 'don thar lam rab gsal by Mipam; translated as The Luminous Path to Liberation
- sngon 'gro mdor bsdus byang chub lam bzang by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo; translated as The Sublime Path To Enlightenment: A Concise Preliminary Practice
- tshig bdun gsol 'debs dang 'brel ba'i bla ma'i rnal 'byor byin rlabs char 'bebs by Mipam; translated as Shower of Blessings: A Guru Yoga Combined with the Seven Line Supplication
- phur pa'i rgyud khyer by Terdak Lingpa (from the thugs kyi phur gcig Yang gsang spu gri cycle]]; translated as The Daily Practice of Vajrakilaya
- karma pakshi'i bla sgrub bsdus pa by Karmapa Khakyap Dorje
- gsang thig phur pa and related texts from the Chokling Tersar lineage
- Practice Commentaries (khrid yig)
- untitled ngondro commentary by Mipam; contained in zab khrid gnad bsdus skor bdud rtsi'i yang zhun
- Pointing Out the Dharmakaya by the Ninth Karmapa, Wangchuk Dorje; phyag rgya chen po lhan gcig skyes sbyor gyi khrid zin bris snying po gsal ba'i sgron me bdud rtsi'i nying khu chos sku mdzub tshugs su ngo sprod pa.
- Prayers and Aspirations
- bcom 'dan 'das ma shes rab kyi pha rol tu phyin pa'i snying po; The Essence of the Perfection of Knowledge (Heart Sutra)
- An anthology of texts from the Khandro Nyingtik and Khandro Yangtik, concerning the history and practice of Dzogchen, including:
- Root texts from the Khandro Nyingtik including: sangs rgyas kyi 'das rjes gsum, btags grol rgyud drug, mkha' 'gro snying thig gi kha byang and bla ma brgyud pa'i lo rgyus
- A commentary on the Khandro Nyingtik by Terdak Lingpa entitled rdzogs pa chen po mkha' 'gro snying thig gi khrid yig zab lam gsal byed
- A collection of the main historical texts from the Khandro Nyingtik and Yangtik
- A collection of texts related to Padmasambhava's Rosary of Views, including:
- Maitreya's chos dang chos nyid rnam 'byed with commentaries by Khenpo Shenga and Ju Mipham (translated with Thomas Doctor as a Dharmachakra Translation Committee project).
- Adzom Drukpa's 'od gsal rdzogs pa chen po yang gsang bla na med pa spyi'i khyad par gyi khrid yig lam bzang ye shes snying po.
- Rimé Foundation, a non-profit foundation dedicated to the preservation and translation of Tibetan Buddhist literature
- Tergar Institute, a center for Buddhist study and practice in Bodhgaya, India
- Email: cortland at rimefoundation dot org