Dr. Jim Valby has been a student of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu since 1982. He earned M.A. and Ph.D degrees in Far Eastern Studies under Dr. Herbert V. Guenther of the University of Saskatchewan in 1973 & 1983 focussing on the texts of Shrisingha and Vimalamitra. Now he is preparing English translations of some early rgyud lungs of Dzogchen Semde, Longde and Upadesha.
- The Great History of Garab Dorje, Manjushrimitra and Vimalamitra, from the Great History of the Innermost Essence of Dzogchen.
- Two Dzogchen Texts. The first text is the Semde lung “The Primordial State of the King of Space.” The second text is the Longde tantra “The King of the Infinite Primordial Dimension.” The Tibetan texts are included.
- Tantras of the sems sde of Dzogchen.
- The Marvelous Primordial State. Tibetan title: byang chub sems rmad du byung ba. Sanskrit title: bodhicittasopashika
- Sky-like Vast Space Tantra of the Great Perfection (of) the Primordial State. Tibetan title: byang chub kyi sems rdzogs pa chen po mkha' mnyam klong gi rgyal po zhes bya ba. Sanskrit title: bodhicitta mahasandhi khasame alankara tantra raja na ma.
Unpublished Works (completed)