From Rangjung Yeshe Wiki - Dharma Dictionnary
To enable the proper rendering of the Tibetan Unicode script, please see: Tibetan Unicode Installation (ཡུ་ནི་ཀོཌ྄)
Currently Dharma Dictionary has 195,508
entries, all pages, all
| General Information
DharmaDictionary.net contains free resources for the "circle of lotsawas" involved in the translation of Buddhist texts and teachings from Tibetan into Western languages.
| Search the dictionary
Use the search box on the left to search for any tibetan term in Wylie format. (examples: sems, rig pa, snying rje). Searches can also be made in Tibetan Unicode (example 'ཀྱག་གྲིར་འཆི།). (See instructions above).
| Browse the dharmapedia
Browse our ever-expanding dharmapedia of Buddhist terms, teachers, lineages, and texts. See website contents below.
If you like to be a contributor, contact any of the existing editors listed in the current postings, check their home page and send an email requesting an account. Please join in. When you have an account you could Click here to request pages or translations.
Note to Editors and Contributors
Latest Twenty New or Modified Entries
No changes during the given period matching these criteria.
- The Erick Tsiknopoulos (Sherab Zangpo) RangjungWiki Entry
- Transcribing Wylie-to-Tibetan Unicode script
- Mulamadhyamakakarika: Verses from the Centre by Stephen Batchelor
- Dharma Sun (video teachings)
- more than 13 million page views.
- General discussion page for translators: lotsawa discussion page
- Paro Taktsang, one of the sacred sites in Buddhist history.
- Gyurme Dorje's Glossary to Tibetan Elemental Divination Paintings
- Mahamudra pith instructions in the Kagyu section under Tibetan texts in Wylie format, compiled by Thomas Roth (Sherab Drime)
- The beginnings of a comprehensive Database of Buddhist Quotations
- Tibetan Buddhist canon An overview
- Glossary to The Great Image, the lifestory of Vairotsana
- Google has now begun making searches of www.dharmadictionary.net (see left box). The indexing is in process, about 80% - try searching for "Rinpoche".
- A Concise Catalogue to the Precious Translated Words of the Conqueror, reformated from the ACIP version
- Catalogue of the New Treasures of Chokgyur Lingpa by Andreas Doctor
- 21 indices in Wylie format in new category Wylie Indices, compiled by Edward Henning
- The Kat'hok lineage
- Standard & Extended Wylie diagrams Sambhota, by Gerry Wiener
- A General Dharma Glossary from Matthieu Ricard, many details
- Geographical Glossary from Matthieu Ricard
- Prajnaparamita in Eight Thousand Verses Tibetan Translation converted from the ACIP input version
- Chronology of Buddhism by Matthieu Ricard
- Five Sisters of Long Life
- The Rangjung Yeshe Gilded Palace of Dharmic Activity; An English-based Glossary of Buddhist People, Places, and Things...is now available..
- The Rangjung Yeshe Dictionary -- including Jim Valby, Ives Waldo, Matthieu Ricard, Richard Barron, etc., is available for search in the left search box.