Gyurme Dorje holds a PhD in Tibetan Literature and an MA in Sanskrit with Oriental Studies. From 1991 to 1996 he held research fellowships at London University, where he worked on the Encyclopaedic Tibetan-English Dictionary. He has written, edited, translated and contributed to numerous books on Tibetan culture.
Some Published Works of Gyurme Dorje (includes translations, editions and original compositions)
- The Guhyagarbhatantra and its XIVth Century Commentary Phyogs-bcu mun-sel. PhD Thesis, SOAS, University of London (3 vols), 1987. See 
- Dudjom Rinpoche's The Nyingma School of Tibetan Buddhism: Its Fundamentals and History. Wisdom Publications, Boston. 1st edition (2 vols), 1991; 2nd edition (1 vol), 2002; ISBN 0861711998. See Wisdom Books
- Tibetan Medical Paintings. Serindia Publications, London (2 Vols); ISBN 0-906026-26-1. 1992. See Serindia
- Tibet Handbook. Footprint Handbooks, Bath. 1st edition, 1996; 2nd edition 1999; 3rd edition 2004; ISBN 1900949334 See Footprintbooks
- Bhutan Handbook. Footprint Handbooks, Bath. 1st edition, 2004. See Footprintbooks
- Tibetan Elemental Divination Paintings Eskenazi & Fogg, London. 2001. See Whiteberyl
- An Encyclopaedic Tibetan-English Dictionary (Nationalities Publishing House/ SOAS, Beijing. Vol. 1, 2001). Enquiries: email@example.com
- “A Rare Series of Tibetan Banners”, in Pearls of the Orient, Serindia, 2003. See Serindia
- The Tibetan Book of the Dead: First Complete English Translation, Penguin Classics, 2005 See 
- The Great Temple of Lhasa, Thames & Hudson, 2005
- The Guhyagarbha Tantra: Dispelling the Darkness of the Ten Directions (Snowlion)
- An Encyclopaedic Tibetan-English Dictionary (Nationalities Publishing House/ SOAS, Beijing. Vols. 2-3
- Glossary to Tibetan Elemental Divination Paintings
Trans Himalaya, under the direction of Dr Gyurme Dorje, a Tibetologist and Tibet travel writer, organise travel throughout the Tibetan plateau, as well as in Mongolia, China and the Himalayas (Bhutan, Sikkim, Nepal, and Ladakh).