David Karma Choephel
Kyabje Thrangu Rinpoche
In 2005, completed the shedra course of study at the Vajra Vidya Institute in Sarnath, Varanasi. Studies were all conducted in Tibetan.
Currently I am working on a translation of the Treasury of Manifest Dharma root text in verse and the 9th Karmapa Wangchuk Dorje's commentary on it, Youthful Play (gzhon nu rnam rol).
In preparing for this and during the translation of these texts, I have studied the following texts:
- chos mngon pa mdzod rtsa ba dang rang 'grel
- rgyal sras grags pa'i bshes gnyen gyi mDzod 'grel
- Wangchuk Dorje's mdzod 'grel Youthful Play (gzhonnu rnam rol)
- Mikyo Dorje's mdzod 'grel: 'grub bde spyi 'jo
- Mipham Rinpoche's mDzod 'grel
- Leo Pruden's translation of Poussin's translation
The big gaps in this list are mchims chen and slog dpon gang pel's commentaries which I have glanced at but not really studied. However, what I have seen in both of those seems to be well covered in Mikyo Dorje's extensive commentary. slob dpon 'dus bzang would be good to read of course but I have not yet had the time to do so.
I've completed a manuscript and am in the process of submitting it for publication.
Unpublished Works (completed)