From Rangjung Yeshe Wiki - Dharma Dictionnary
- 'Emanation body,' 'form of magical apparition.' The third of the Three Kayas. The aspect of enlightenment that can be perceived by ordinary beings. [RY]
- Two Kayas: dharmakaya, the absolute body, and rupakaya, the body of form.
- Three kayas: the dharmakaya, or absolute body; the sambhogakaya, or body of divine enjoyment; and the nirmanakaya, or manifested body. These correspond to the mind, speech, and body of an enlightened buddha and are expressed as the five wisdoms.
- Four Kayas: the svabhavikakaya, or essential body, is to be added to the three kayas and represents their inseparability (dbyer med).
- Five kayas: to the three kayas one adds the avikaravajrakaya, the "unchanging vajra body," and the abhisambodhikaya, "body of total enlightenment." Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche