From Rangjung Yeshe Wiki - Dharma Dictionnary
Simple Editing Jobs Anyone Could Do
- Fix typos and grammar problems!
- Exception are dictionary entries with a [OWNER] tag. If problems with such entry, make a note in the discussion tag.
- Look at dictionary entries, if they contain another Tibetan word or expression, do a lookup, if it's available, make a link to this word from the page where the word of expression resides.
- Find links in pages and point them at the main site, for example, if you find a single word such as Sakya, make a link to Sakya. Do a global search to find a suitable entry. Learn the wikimedia page name|string notation to do clean redirects, for example Sakya tradition.
- Find entries with strange characters, most likely diacritical marks, and change them so they show up as platform-independent letters.
Make entries from the Glossaries
- on the Backmatter material page and see if they are represented as individual pages, if not, paste them in.
- Glossary from The Great Image needs hyperlinks around Tibetan words in Wylie. And, of course, all the other important people, places, texts and key terms.
Texts to be Typed In
- Investigate what it would take to type in copyright-free material such as the Jaeschke Tibetan Grammar book.
Recommended translations to quote as samples
Material to be Uploaded
- large amounts of classical texts in Wylie with the most important words, phrases, people, places, texts & key terms hyperlinked.
Books to be Scanned
- The old Mahabharata / Ramayana Indic poetry drama in Tibetan translation that was found in the Don Huang caves. Those poetic phrases were later used in the first sutra translations.
Way to Import Karchak/Indices
- We have quite a few lists of collected works; could they be fused with TBRC, to bring forth the Tibetan text? Can they be editable to show what has been or is being translated?