Writings of Jigme Lingpa
From Rangjung Yeshe Wiki - Dharma DictionnaryJump to navigationJump to search
- yon tan rin po che’i mdzod las ‘bras bu’i theg pa rgya cher ‘grel rnam mkhyen shing rta; more commonly known as the yon tan mdzod. A lam rim style text that covers the entire range of Buddhist teachings, from introductory teachings on impermanence all the way up to the Great Perfection. Various commentaries have been written on Jigme Lingpa's root, most notable an accessible and extensive two-part commentary by Khenpo Yonga and a more recent commentary by Kangyur Rinpoche, Longchen Yeshe Dorje, part of which has been translated as Treasury of Precious Qualities.
- rdzogs pa chen po klong chen snying thig gi gdod ma'i mgon po'i lam gyi rim pa'i khrid yig ye shes bla ma; more commonly known as the ye shes bla ma. One of the most widely studied manuals on the practice of Dzogchen, particularly of the Instruction Class. This text is a condensation of the teachings and practices found in the Nyingthig Yabshi.
- bla ma dgongs pa 'dus pa'i cho ga'i rnam bzhag dang 'brel ba’i bskyed rdzogs zung ‘jug gi sgron ma mkhyen brtse’i me long ‘od zer brgya pa. An extensive commentary on tantric practice, with particular emphasis on ritual and Development Stage practice, Kyerim.
Works in Translation
- Kangyur Rinpoche (2001). Treasury of Precious Qualities. Translated by the Padmakara Translation Committee. Boston: Shambhala Publications. A commentary on the sutra section of Jigme Lingpa's yon tan mdzod; root text as of yet unpublished.
- Van Schaik, Sam (2004). Approaching the Great Perfection. Boston: Wisdom Publications. This book contains most of the root Dzogchen material contained in the Longchen Nyingthig cycle, excluding the Yeshe Lama.
- Jigme Lingpa, et. al. Deity, Mantra and Wisdom: Development Stage Meditation in Tibetan Buddhist Tantra. Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2007. This compilation contains a translation of Jigme Lingpa's bskyed rim lha'i khrid kyi rnam par gzhag pa 'og min bgrod pa'i them skas, as well as other works on the development stage by Patrul Rinpoche and Getse Mahapandita.
- See Jigme Lingpa for more information on this author