snang grags rig gsum lha sngags chos sku'i ngang
A person who is still attached to this life is no Dharma practitioner.
A person who is still attached to the three worlds has no renunciation.
A person who is still attached to getting what they want is no bodhisattva.
A person who still grasps to things has no worldview.
Translation by Geshe Michael Roach
The Sakya tradition has produced many commentaries on the original four-line text.
- Freedom from the Four Kinds of Attachment as written by the Holy Lama, Jetsun Drakpa Gyeltsen
- The Advices on Freeing Oneself from Four Different Kinds of Attachment as written by Sakya Pandita Kunga Gyeltsen
- A Clear and Complete Teaching on Freeing Oneself from the Four Kinds of Attachment by Gorampa Sonam Senge
- A Book of Instruction on the Text entitled Freedom from the Four Kinds of Attachment by Kunga Lekpai Rinchen
- Online Commentary in English by His Holiness Sakya Trizin