སྐུ་ཕྲེང༌། - Successive Incarnations of Gyalwang Rinpoche; Dalai Lama
- 1st Dalai Lama Gendun Drub 1391-1475 (MR)
- 2nd Dalai Lama Gendun Gyatso 1475-1542 (MR)
- 3rd Dalai Lama Sonam Gyatso 1543-1588 (MR)
- 4th Dalai Lama Yonten Gyatso 1589-1617 (MR)
- 5th Dalai Lama Ngawang Lobsang Gyatso
- 6th Dalai Lama Tsangyang Gyatso 1683-1702 (MR)
- 7th Dalai Lama Kalsang Gyatso (bskal bzang rgya mtsho: 1708-1757 (MR)
- 8th Dalai Lama Jampal Gyatso 1758-1804 (MR)
- 9th Dalai Lama Lungtok Gyatso (lung rtogs rgya mtsho): 1805/6?-1815 (MR)
- 10th Dalai Lama Tsultrim Gyatso born in Lithang : 1816-1837 (MR)
- 11th Dalai Lama Khedrup Gyatso 1838-1855 (MR)
- 12th Dalai Lama Trinley Gyatso 1856-1875 (MR)
- 13th Dalai Lama Thubten Gyatso 1876-1933 (MR)
- 14th Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso 1935- (RWB)
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, is the head of state and spiritual leader of the Tibetan people. He was born Lhamo Dhondrub on 6 July 1935, in a small village called Taktser in northeastern Tibet. Born to a peasant family, His Holiness was recognized at the age of two, in accordance with Tibetan tradition, as the reincarnation of his predecessor the 13th Dalai Lama, and thus an incarnation of Avalokitesvara, the Buddha of Compassion.
- Senior Tutor to His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, and Ninety-seventh Throneholder of Je Tzongkhapa, Yongdzin Ling Dorjechang, Jetzun Thubten Lungtog Namgyal Trinley Palzangpo.
- Junior Tutor and philosophical assistant, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche (for more than forty years).