Drukpa Kunleg is renowned as the Divine Madman of Bhutan.
Drukpa Kunleg was born into the branch of the noble Gya (rgya) clan of Ralung which descended from Lhabum (lha 'bum) the second eldest brother of Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje. His father was nang so rin chen bzang po. He was the nephew of Gyalwang Kunga Paljor. Father of Ngawang Tenzin and Zhingchong Drukdra. Established Chime Lhakhang (‘chi med lha khang), near Punakha (spung thang) in 1499.
please expand this page by pressing edit above.
- Drukchen II, Gyalwang Kunga Paljor ('brug chen kun dga' dpal 'byor) [1428-1476]
- Lhatsun Kunga Chökyi Gyatso (lha btsun kun dga' chos kyi rgya mtsho) [1432-1505]
- Pema Lingpa (padma gling pa) [1445-1521]
- Drukpa Kunleg / Drukpa Kuenle
Other Reference Sources
- Yonten Dargey, History of the Drukpa Kagyud School in Bhutan, Thimphu, 2001. ISBN 99936-616-0-0. pp 91-110.
- Keith Dowman, The Divine Madman