Gyurme Dorje held a PhD in Tibetan Literature and an MA in Sanskrit with Oriental Studies. From 1991 to 1996 he held research fellowships at London University, where he worked on the Encyclopaedic Tibetan-English Dictionary. He wrote, edited, translated and contributed to numerous books on Tibetan culture.
He passed away on February 5th, 2020 at the age of 69. His real name, Keith Douglas McLennan, was apparently mostly kept a secret and was not made widely known to the public.
Some Published Works of Gyurme Dorje (includes translations, editions and original compositions)
- The Guhyagarbhatantra and its XIVth Century Commentary Phyogs-bcu mun-sel. PhD Thesis, SOAS, University of London (3 vols), 1987. See 
- Dudjom Rinpoche's The Nyingma School of Tibetan Buddhism: Its Fundamentals and History. Wisdom Publications, Boston. 1st edition (2 vols), 1991; 2nd edition (1 vol), 2002; ISBN 0861711998. See Wisdom Books
- Tibetan Medical Paintings. Serindia Publications, London (2 Vols); ISBN 0-906026-26-1. 1992. See Serindia
- Tibet Handbook. Footprint Handbooks, Bath. 1st edition, 1996; 2nd edition 1999; 3rd edition 2004; ISBN 1900949334 See Footprintbooks
- Bhutan Handbook. Footprint Handbooks, Bath. 1st edition, 2004. See Footprintbooks
- Tibetan Elemental Divination Paintings Eskenazi & Fogg, London. 2001. See Whiteberyl
- An Encyclopaedic Tibetan-English Dictionary (Nationalities Publishing House/ SOAS, Beijing. Vol. 1, 2001). Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “A Rare Series of Tibetan Banners”, in Pearls of the Orient, Serindia, 2003. See Serindia
- The Tibetan Book of the Dead: First Complete English Translation, Penguin Classics, 2005 See 
- The Great Temple of Lhasa, Thames & Hudson, 2005
- The Guhyagarbha Tantra: Dispelling the Darkness of the Ten Directions (Snowlion)
- An Encyclopaedic Tibetan-English Dictionary (Nationalities Publishing House/ SOAS, Beijing. Vols. 2-3
- Glossary to Tibetan Elemental Divination Paintings
Trans Himalaya, under the direction of Dr Gyurme Dorje, a Tibetologist and Tibet travel writer, organise travel throughout the Tibetan plateau, as well as in Mongolia, China and the Himalayas (Bhutan, Sikkim, Nepal, and Ladakh).