Tsele Natsok Rangdrol
Tsele Natsok Rangdrol (rtse le sna tshogs rang grol) (b. 1608) Important master of the Kagyü and Nyingma schools. He is also known as Tsele Gotsangpa.
The following autobiographical information about Tsele Natsok Rangdrol was extracted by Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse from the inner life story of Jamgon Kongtrul the First recounting the succession of his past incarnations:
The most learned master Tsele Padma Legdrub Natsok Rangdrol was prophesized as the body-emanation of the great translator Vairotsana. Renowned as the reincarnation of the incomparable Tendzin Dorje, he was invited to the Thangdruk Monastery established by his previous incarnation. Attending numerous learned and accomplished masters including Gangra Lochen, he fully comprehended the philosophcal scriptures and oral instructions of sutra and tantra, according to the new and old schools. Being extremely disciplined, even the liquor in his feast offerings was prepared from water with molasses. Besides this his tongue never touched a drop of alcohol. In the later part of his life he stayed in Palri Gotsang, the cave of Deshek Tse in the south, and other places where he perfected the realization of Mahamudra and Dzogchen.
About this master and his writings, Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche said: “People who harbor no ambition to become a great scholar, but who want to focus on truly realizing the ultimate point of Vajrayana training should study just a few of the writings of Tsele Natsok Rangdröl. In these, they will find the pith instructions that are the very heart of the Dharma.”
Tsele was also one of Rigdzin Jatson Nyingpo's principal pupils.
- Rigdzin Jatson Nyingpo
Alternate Names & Spellings
- rtse le sna tshogs rang grol
- sna tshogs rang grol
- padma legs grub rtsal
- rtse le rgod tshang pa sna tshogs rang grol
Other Reference Sources
- Rangdröl, Tsele Natsok. Empowerment. Translated by Erik Pema Kunsang. Boudhanath: Rangjung Yeshe Publications, 1993. ISBN 962-7341-15-0
- Rangdröl, Tsele Natsok. Lamp of Mahamudra. Translated by Erik Pema Kunsang. Boudhanath: Rangjung Yeshe Publications, 1993. ISBN 962-7341-15-0
- Rangdröl, Tsele Natsok. Mirror of Mindfulness. Translated by Erik Pema Kunsang. Boudhanath: Rangjung Yeshe Publications, 1993.
- Circle of the Sun,
- Heart of the Matter,
- Essay on Padmasambhava in The Lotus-Born.
- sna tshogs rang grol - TBRC P1687
- Tsele Natsok Rangdrol - at OpenLibrary.org