From Rangjung Yeshe Wiki - Dharma Dictionnary
zhi byed. Pacifying
- One of the eight chariots of the practice lineage (sgrub brgyud shing rta brgyad).
- pha dam pa sangs rgyas / Phadampa (pha dam pa). An Indian mahasiddha who brought the Shije (zhi byed) teachings to Tibet. RY
- Pacifying (zhi byed).
- Phadampa Sangye / dam pa sangs rgyas - Indian master who visited Tibet on several occasions; founder of the Zhije school RY
- Shijey (zhi byed). Pacifying, one of the Eight Practice Lineages brought to Tibet by Phadampa Sangye. RY
- The zhi byed teachings were brought to Tibet by dam pa sang rgyas, a siddha who visited Tibet several times around the 12th century and introduced the gcod teachings. His disciple, skyo ston bsod nams bla ma, founded the Father lineage of gCod which followed the Sutrayana teachings according to Aryadeva; ma gcig slab sgron, a great female siddha, founded the Mother lineage, based on Prajnaparamita. Zhi byed emphasizes teachings suited to the individual's consciousness rather than adhering to specific texts. gCod teachings continue within other schools, especially rnying ma and bka' rgyud.