Sabbu land of Shang
Yarlha Shampo — yar lha sham po
Deity riding a white yak, oath-bound by Padmasambhava. Also refers to a mountain in the Yarlung valley of Central Tibet, where the first king of Tibet is said to have descended from the sky. [AJP] from The Great Image; ISBN 1-59030-069-6
The four grand snow mountains of Tibet are:
- Yarlha Shampo snow mountain
- Nojin Gangsang
- Jomo Gangkar
- Tidro Gang; these are in the four intermediate directions. (JOKYAB)
The eight great caves are:
- Yangdzong Phuk
- Chimphu Phuk
- Kharchu Phuk
- Sheldrak Phuk
- Senge Dzongphuk
- Yerpa Phuk
- Yama Lungphuk and
- Namkha Dingphuk at Chuwori. (JOKYAB)
The renowned four lakes are:
- Yamdrok Yutso
- Trisho Gyalmo, which is the same as Lingtso Ngonmo
- Tso Mapham and
- Namtso, to the north. (JOKYAB)
- In the center is the Sabbu land of Shang.
- In the Kongpo district to the east is the Jonpa land.
- To the south is the Sibtsen land of Mon.
- To the west is the Phagri land of Go.
- To the north is the Droma land of Kyi. (JOKYAB)
- To the southwest is the secret land of the Dremo Valley [Sikkim].
- To the northwest is the secret land of the Khenpa Valley.
- To the northeast is the secret land of the Lungsum Valley.
About the secret countries and great districts, the Chronicles of Padma further say:
- To the southeast is the secret country of Padma Ling.
This and the others are the great districts. The other districts I have not been able to identify from any reliable source, so please include these here as these become established. Thank you. (JOKYAB)